My name is Jen and I am an artist that loves a beautifully-composed photo and a well-kerned font. Instead of trying to feign biographical eloquence, I will post a condensd version of one of those Facebook memes that were all the rage a couple of months ago.
- I love clouds and rain because it reminds me of renewal and restoration.
- I speak 5 languages (6 if you count HTML!), have visited 16 countries, and lived in 3.
- People knock interpretative dancing all the time, but lyrical dance (more or less interpretative) is one of my favorite forms of art. I cry every time I see someone perform it well.
- I want badly to own a letterpress so I can make beautiful stationery.
- I don’t eat flat fish with two eyes on one side (e.g. sole, flounder) because I think they’re gross-looking.
- Studying abroad in Japan was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It taught me about adventure, good food and beautiful design.
- My favorite color is gray because it goes with everything and is classic in its own special way.
- I rarely ever get sick because of my hyperactive immune system that also makes me allergic to everything.
- I am very passionate about Asian American issues and art. If you get me started on either one of those issues, I can probably talk on forever.
- My celebrity crush is George Clooney. My friends think he’s old, but I find him incredibly hot in a charming sort of way.
- My sophomore year of high school, I tried to start a company with the students in my math class called Orange Circle Corporation (OCC). Our motive was to cultivate easy-to-peel oranges (like, as easy to peel as clementines) and market them. That, the name of my math teacher’s cover band (shoutout to The Tourists!), and the unit circle are all that I remember of that year.
- I like collecting designer toys because they’re cute and give me a hipster vibe.
- I love food and I just started Yelping about it. Be my friend!
- I want to go to Japan right now and shop at Muji, eat onigiri, and bean jam-filled taiyaki.